It was my last year of pharmacy school, we aren't in the classroom anymore and we're doing "rotations" (internships) in real practice. All of us have to start picking where we want to go, so while everyone stayed in town, I decided to pretty much go to the opposite side of North America to Alaska. But instead of just going right to my practice site, I decided to make it into a vacation and took the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Denali then onto Fairbanks and to North Pole.
Check out my blog post: https://therxfortravel.com/the-ultimate-alaska-vacation-7-day-itinerary-of-interior-alaska/ where I talk about all the best things to do in Anchorage, things to do in Denali, things to do in Fairbanks, and no itinerary is complete without a stop to North Pole, Alaska.
- Joseph Lacdan, Army News Service
From The Alaska Post: Soldiers scheduled to report to a new assignment between July 6 and Sept. 30 can now check in up to 30 days before their scheduled report date and as much as 20 days after.
- Man shoots, injures bear after being charged outside of Fairbanks
- Delta variant becomes our predominant strain as Covid cases climb in Alaska
- Longtime detective Avery Thompson leaves FPD
- Another structure burns in Two Rivers
- Mineral exploration planned for Fairbanks area, including Ester Dome, Murphy Dome
- Alaska’s Covid-19 cases increase 140% in past week
- Landslide closes park road at Denali, buses stranded for about five hours
- A busy week ahead: Fairbanks hosts WEIO, Golden Days, northernmost rodeo, with Tanana Valley State Fair on horizon
- Carlson Center on track to reopen as community center
- Fundraiser organized for Cantwell woman’s recovery
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.