To the editor: RIP the great Mike Gravel. If more of our politicians were like him we’d be an extraordinarily better country. His was a life well lived and a model of integrity for all of us to follow. Thank you and God bless you, Mike.
The Daily News-Miner encourages residents to make themselves heard through the Opinion pages. Readers' letters and columns also appear online at newsminer.com. Contact the editor with questions at email@example.com or call 459-7574.
Send Community Perspective submissions by mail (P.O. Box 70710, Fairbanks AK 99707) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submissions must be 500 to 750 words. Columns are welcome on a wide range of issues and should be well-written and well-researched with attribution of sources. Include a full name, email address, daytime telephone number and headshot photograph suitable for publication (email jpg or tiff files at 150 dpi.) You may also schedule a photo to be taken at the News-Miner office. The News-Miner reserves the right to edit submissions or to reject those of poor quality or taste without consulting the writer.
Letters to the editor
Send letters to the editor by mail (P.O. Box 70710, Fairbanks AK 99707), by fax (907-452-7917) or via email (email@example.com). Writers are limited to one letter every two weeks (14 days.) All letters must contain no more than 350 words and include a full name (no abbreviation), daytime and evening phone numbers and physical address. (If no phone, then provide a mailing address or email address.) The Daily News-Miner reserves the right to edit or reject letters without consulting the writer.
- Man shoots, injures bear after being charged outside of Fairbanks
- Alaska returns to 'red' status as Covid cases climb
- Delta variant becomes our predominant strain as Covid cases climb in Alaska
- Fairbanks man sentenced to 60 years for 2019 murder
- Longtime detective Avery Thompson leaves FPD
- Mineral exploration planned for Fairbanks area, including Ester Dome, Murphy Dome
- Alaska’s Covid-19 cases increase 140% in past week
- A busy week ahead: Fairbanks hosts WEIO, Golden Days, northernmost rodeo, with Tanana Valley State Fair on horizon
- Canada to welcome back vaccinated American travelers
- Carlson Center on track to reopen as community center
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.