To the editor: As reported in Friday’s FDNM, Senate Judiciary member Grassley, R-Iowa, voted not to confirm two nominees to Appeals Courts, saying that neither, “satisfied me that they will adhere to the Constitution as originally understood.” Do you suppose he thinks that because neither is a white man, but are both black women?
The Daily News-Miner encourages residents to make themselves heard through the Opinion pages. Readers' letters and columns also appear online at newsminer.com. Contact the editor with questions at email@example.com or call 459-7574.
Send Community Perspective submissions by mail (P.O. Box 70710, Fairbanks AK 99707) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submissions must be 500 to 750 words. Columns are welcome on a wide range of issues and should be well-written and well-researched with attribution of sources. Include a full name, email address, daytime telephone number and headshot photograph suitable for publication (email jpg or tiff files at 150 dpi.) You may also schedule a photo to be taken at the News-Miner office. The News-Miner reserves the right to edit submissions or to reject those of poor quality or taste without consulting the writer.
Letters to the editor
Send letters to the editor by mail (P.O. Box 70710, Fairbanks AK 99707), by fax (907-452-7917) or via email (email@example.com). Writers are limited to one letter every two weeks (14 days.) All letters must contain no more than 350 words and include a full name (no abbreviation), daytime and evening phone numbers and physical address. (If no phone, then provide a mailing address or email address.) The Daily News-Miner reserves the right to edit or reject letters without consulting the writer.
- Former chief opens up about leaving Fairbanks Police Department
- Trial date set in three-year-old case of mother accused of killing daughters
- Monday’s Goldpanners game canceled; status for the week unclear
- Bail reduced in fatal Goldstream shooting case
- Dunleavy: Biden administration delivers ‘body blow’ to Alaska’s economy
- Lightning sparks several new Interior fires; Haystack Fire grows to 400 acres
- Healy man requests change of plea in animal cruelty case
- Legislature to vote on $1,100 Permanent Fund dividend
- Fire in Fort Wainwright housing unit displaces families, no injuries reported
- North Pole man sentenced for possession of child pornography
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.