“Every four seconds the GVEA system scans to see what energy sources are available and it works to secure the lowest cost source,” public relations director Meadow Bailey wrote in an email.
In The News
“What’s very very important,” said school board President Tim Doran, “is that the students can see themselves in the works that they are reading.”
Denali Hostel & Cabins is a small seasonal family owned business just south of Denali National Park at Carlo Creek, operated by new owners Bethany and Terry Boyd
Every now and again, the aurora will have something happen completely out of nowhere that will stun you. Tonight was one of those nights where for a minute or two the lights were shifting colors and dancing across the sky almost too fast to follow with a camera. I doubt I'll ever get tired o…
- What powers us: A look at some of Interior Alaska’s power sources
- Alaska sees 100th COVID-19-related death
- School board approves curriculum changes: Students can expect more classes, more literature and more attention to writing
- Looking Back: Nov. 18, 2020
- Looking Back: Nov. 17, 2020
- Looking Back: Nov. 16, 2020
- 654 new COVID-19 cases reported in Alaska
- Looking Back: Nov. 15, 2020
- Watching the feds: Alaska needs to restore this vital citizen’s panel
- Wrong on immunity
North Pole Sports
UAA Athletic Director Greg Myford said that if games are played, and that decision has not yet been determined, COVID numbers must drastically improve for any chance for spectator attendance.
The Nanooks will play two non-conference series against their arch-rivals the UAA Seawolves. Both teams will play in Fairbanks on Dec. 4-5. Both teams play in Anchorage the following weekend, Dec. 11-12.