The new Wendell Avenue bridge will accommodate heavier vehicles and will have wider sidewalks and road shoulders for pedestrians and bicyclists.
In The News
The Ambler Access Road project is the initiative to construct a 211-mile access road through Northwestern Alaska to reach deposits of copper and zinc in the Ambler Mining District.
Four opponents of ranked choice voting held a demonstration last week prior to the assembly’s regular finance committee meeting, and the assembly has received a flurry of emails both supporting and criticizing the idea.
On our way to the Airforce base to go work out we decided to stop by and check out the Santa house.. We’ve lived in Alaska almost 2 years and this is our first time going. There were so many things to look at. We really enjoyed it.. I hope you guys like our little Santa house look/tour. Don’…
- Monroe’s Tia Campanelli signs to play volleyball at Central Methodist University
- The rush to switch to ranked choice voting: It’s too soon to adopt an unproven system
- Ranked choice nothing is like casino night at the polls
- Summer road construction season is upon us
- AIDEA approves Ambler Road 2021 summer budget, plan
- University Fire Department takes home awards
- UAF Fire Department takes home awards
- Ambler Road plan
- Ranked choice voting could go on borough ballot
- Looking Back: April 20, 2021
North Pole Sports
“I’m really, really excited,” Campanelli said. “I’ve dreamed about being a college athlete since I was in, like, third grade so now that I’m actually achieving it i feel really, really good about it.”
The first event was the 200-yard freestyle relay in which Oda Bygdnes, Shannon McCallum, Lainey Lioi and Whitney McArthur represented UAF. That group finished in 6th place with a time of 1:40.83.
Make no mistake, McDonald looked like a future star in the NCAA tournament and should live up to that billing. The issue is fit as the Dream already have three starting caliber guards and are in need of size.
Matt Hall was this year’s recipient of the Most Inspirational Musher Award. The award has been given out every year since 2010 and the winner is selected by the other mushers competing in the Iditarod.
The program will include a week-by-week training plan, at-home strength routines, an online training log, and an invitation to a private Facebook group of other participants.