The following are key elements of the “American Energy, Jobs and Climate Plan,” introduced by Sens. Dan Sullivan of Alaska, Kevin Cramer of North Dakota and Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming.
1. Expand U.S. power and energy production, spanning traditional fossil fuels, natural gas, mining, nuclear power and renewables.
2. Support infrastructure, resources, investments and incentives to build out the renewable energy manufacturing and electricity sector.
3. Leverage U.S. energy sector and natural resources to grow employment.
4. Enact permitting reform to ensure energy, mineral and infrastructure projects are built in an efficient, timely, and certain manner.
5. Rebuild the supply chain to continue to gain advantages against China, Russia, Iran and other foreign adversaries, while lowering global greenhouse gas emissions.