As featured on
“The SS Nenana is one of only three steam-powered passenger sternwheelers of any kind left in the U.S.,” wrote Patricia De Nardo Schmidt, president of Friends of SS Nenana, in an Oct. 26 email to Borough Mayor Bryce Ward, Chief of Staff Jim Williams, the Borough Assembly and the News-Miner.
“Part of that decision that we are making today is that value decision,” Fairbanks North Star Borough Mayor Bryce Ward told the assembly. “What is important to us as a community?”
- Former chief opens up about leaving Fairbanks Police Department
- Couple found dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Trial date set in three-year-old case of mother accused of killing daughters
- Nenana mother, daughter charged in alleged scheme to defraud elderly
- Monday’s Goldpanners game canceled; status for the week unclear
- Lightning sparks several new Interior fires; Haystack Fire grows to 400 acres
- Alaska House passes budget, several state programs at risk
- Healy man requests change of plea in animal cruelty case
- Fire in Fort Wainwright housing unit displaces families, no injuries reported
- North Pole man sentenced for possession of child pornography
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.