As featured on
“The SS Nenana is one of only three steam-powered passenger sternwheelers of any kind left in the U.S.,” wrote Patricia De Nardo Schmidt, president of Friends of SS Nenana, in an Oct. 26 email to Borough Mayor Bryce Ward, Chief of Staff Jim Williams, the Borough Assembly and the News-Miner.
The assembly is working off a list of more than 60 projects, and the first order of business will be discussing an amendment to add SS Nenana restorations to the list.
- Troopers give updates on five Fairbanks missing persons cases
- North Pole man dead after altercation with police, troopers on Dale Road
- Education leaders review grim budget outlook for Fairbanks schools
- Man charged with sexual assault counts involving two women
- Longtime Fairbanksans celebrate 59th anniversary
- TCC includes school staff in vaccination efforts: Vaccine appointments available in Fairbanks, Healy
- State expands vaccine eligibility to those over 55; 360 new appointments open in Fairbanks
- Teuber’s family releases statement
- Kaktovik tribe says Biden didn’t reach out before agreement with Canada over caribou in Arctic refuge
- Rural Alaskans to pay more for services after DMV closures