A teacher merit-pay system implemented in Newark, New Jersey, funded three years ago by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is in danger of disappearing.
- Steven Downs sentenced to 75 years for rape, murder of Sophie Sergie
- Snow enters the Fairbanks forecast
- Pilot Ken Jouppi was convicted in a misdemeanor bootlegging case. The state is still trying to take his plane — 9 years later.
- Pakalolo Supply Co. gets OK from state for onsite consumption lounge
- Alaska sand dunes hint at an ancient past
- Typhoon Merbok, fueled by unusually warm Pacific Ocean, pounded Alaska’s vulnerable coastal communities at a critical time
- Cafe de Stir It Up Is national finalist in business contest
- My weekly musings: Blowouts show Alaska high school football has a problem
- Town hall touches on the potential of nuclear energy in Alaska
- Borough approves recycling contract; facility to reopen in November