The borough cited an inability to reach terms with the contractor. A new procurement bid could take two to three months.
From the Alaska Post — A pass is your ticket to more than 2,000 federal recreation sites. Each pass covers entrance fees at national parks and national wildlife refuges as well as standard amenity fees and day use fees for a driver and all passengers in a personal vehicle at per vehicle fee areas (or up to four adults at sites that charge per person).
- Events canceled around Fairbanks because of heavy smoke
- Two Fairbanks men facing 31 federal charges related to fraud, ID theft
- 50-year-old Fairbanks motorcyclist killed in collision
- Research highlights new chemical detected in Fairbanks air pollution
- Fairbanks man sentenced to 50 years for 2017 murder of his girlfriend
- Denali Borough issues another evacuation order as Clear Fire continues to grow
- Alaska's largest coal plant to close in 2024
- Hazardous smoke blankets the Tanana Valley, sending a few to the hospital with health problems
- Alaska moves to Preparedness Level 5
- Castner collapse: Entrance to popular ice cave and tourist spot partially collapses
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.
Latest National and World News
- Illegal, unfair fishing by China, other nations costs millions for fishermen, U.S. trade rep says
- Biden administration backs Alaska LNG in new environmental study
- Donald Trump will visit Alaska in support of GOP candidates
- Roe v. Wade overturned; Alaska politicians speak out
- In historic reversal, Supreme Court overturns Roe vs. Wade, frees states to outlaw abortion
- German airline marks 20th anniversary with flights to Fairbanks
- It's choppy seas for some summer cruise ship voyages
- Ukranians displaced by war arrive in Fairbanks
- U.S. Senate primary will test Murkowski's endurance
- Iditarod sled dog found months after bolting from race checkpoint