Restorations include funding for K-12 education, the Alaska Court System, a full permanent fund dividend, three new state prosecutor positions, 15 new Alaska State Trooper positions and more.
According to a criminal complaint filed in Fairbanks District Court, a man called 911 at 7:37 a.m. to report Atchley had just bitten off his nose and he would be waiting for help at the intersection of Sheep Creek Road and Miller Hill Road.
When the vaping ordinance initially came before the council at the Dec. 2 meeting, several members of the public, including local vaping business owners and vaping enthusiasts, spoke out fervently against taxing the products. They said a tax would hurt local businesses and claimed that vaping is healthier than smoking.
Letters to the Editor
It appears the Dunleavy administration belatedly realized that it was terrible politics to reduce benefits with little warning to upward of 19,383 poor Alaskans who are old, blind and disabled.
Latest News from The Associated Press
- Fears mount that New Jersey shooting was anti-Semitic attack
- Pearl Harbor commemoration to go on after fresh tragedy
- FAA analysis predicted many more Max crashes without a fix
- Flooded farmers face growing dilemma in warming world
- Democrats' impeachment charges say Trump betrayed the nation
- Climate activist Greta Thunberg is Time 'person of the year'
- Democrats' divide: Free college for all or for some?
- Trump, allies aim to delegitimize impeachment from the start
- AP Analysis: Trump faces narrow but consequential charges
- 6 killed in New Jersey gunbattle, including police officer