Fire departments were dispatched shortly after 2 a.m. Tuesday to a report that the lodge was fully engulfed in fire.
“If you are low income and can’t afford a laptop, you have a significant disadvantage,” said Orren Wilkinson, the founder of Green Star’s COVID-19 Laptop Project.
They created a banner, now hanging prominently in North Pole, that urges local residents to thank their local postal workers.
“The decision is taken after considering additional information learned about the visitors to our area, who tested positive soon after their visit,” according to Denali Borough School Superintendent Dan Polta.
The virtual Mr./Ms. Facejacket contest and fundraiser Permafrost Beards sponsors raised nearly $11,000 for the Fairbanks Community Food Bank.
Latest National and World News
- COVID-19 then and now: 6 reasons why death rates are improving
- FCC has money for rural broadband but isn't sure where to spend it
- Wolf to face heated Senate hearing for Homeland Security job
- Trump registered his trademark in Cuba in 2008 to build hotels, casinos and golf courses
- Bobcat fire destroys at least 29 structures, continues to threaten observatory
- Mitt Romney says he will consider Supreme Court nominee this year
- Corwin 'Corky' Peterson, who skied to North Pole at age 69, dies at 90
- Global bank crackdown seen as failing to curb suspect dealings
- Open-ocean fish farm proposed off San Diego coast could be first in federal waters
- Colleges become reservoirs of COVID threatening to spill over