"I am in the process of reviewing the case now, which I hope to complete next week. I expect that more information will be forthcoming after a review is complete," District Attorney Joe Dallaire said in an email to the Daily News-Miner sent Friday afternoon.
Troopers arrested Ryder Alan Smith, 22, of Fairbanks, at 3:30 p.m. Thursday. Smith, at his arraignment at the Fairbanks courthouse Friday, pleaded not guilty to both counts though his defense attorney.
In looking closer into the state's most central revenue source, Alaska North Slope oil prices averaged $69.46 per barrel during fiscal 2019 and are projected to drop over the next two fiscal years, sinking to a projected $63.54 per barrel for fiscal 2020 and $59 per barrel for fiscal 2021.
A technical document posted on a state website says that many recipients of Adult Public Assistance in Alaska will see a cut in their benefits of $100 a month or so on Jan. 1, but the state h…
“One of the greatest joys this year, was someone made a donation to us and wrote, ‘From someone who has received help from your program,’” Hunt said. “It’s really nice to know that when people get help from us, when they can, they give back.”
Latest News from The Associated Press
- Pearl Harbor shooting unfolded in 23 seconds in packed area
- Saudi student opens fire at Florida Naval base, killing 3
- Slain UPS driver's family questions police response to chase
- Officials list pot vape brands reported in US outbreak
- Let's cancel 'OK Boomer' in 2020, and the humblebrag, too
- Asylum-seekers who crossed in Arizona returned to Mexico
- Ivy Leaguers get community service for disrupting game
- Weinstein accused of misusing ankle monitor; $5M bail sought
- Uber reports more than 3,000 sexual assaults on 2018 rides
- Navy vet’s ashes destined for sunken Pearl Harbor battleship