Erratic winds spread the Caribou Creek fire in the Little Chena River valley to an estimated 500 acres amid black spruce by 11 p.m. Sunday, before calming overnight.
In The News
Over the past decade, the Alaska-grown peony market has taken off with farmers fostering the blooms through the state’s unique growing season.…
Porter’s grand slam Sunday was the first home run of the season and second hit of the doubleheader finale for the second-year Goldpanners center fielder from the University of Portland (Oregon). It also capped a five-run surge in the bottom of the seventh for Alaska, which trailed 4-2 after the sixth inning.
Latest News from The Associated Press
- Gloria Vanderbilt, heiress, jeans queen, dies at 95
- Doctors will conduct health checks at facility with preemie
- Some of nearly 200 rescued dogs almost ready for adoption
- Family: Baby cut from slain Chicago woman's womb dies
- Dad sentenced to die, but executions rare in South Carolina
- Police: Woman was drunk, but no DUI for toy truck joy ride
- US Naval War College is getting its 1st female president
- NOAA: 279 dolphins dead on Gulf Coast, triple usual number
- Grounding of Boeing plane hovers over big air show in Paris
- What's so bad about processed foods? Scientists offer clues