Some students are excelling under the remote learning model, while many students are feeling isolated and are falling behind, according to comments from survey takers.
Fairbanks Community Food Bank is expecting to beat its record of serving the total of more than 100,000 pounds of food to 2,500 households, Director Anne Weaver said.
“When they put it in the park, I guess there was a problem of people rolling it around the park,” said Jim Plaquet of Pioneers of Alaska. “So they actually put the wheels in asphalt.”
“Jamie’s work is a continual source of Alaskan humor and wit that brings a laugh, or sometimes a groan, to all who read it,” the citation states.
We have snow, but we have no dog mushing yet. The sprint season is set to start Jan. 3. There will be no Fur Rondy in 2021, although the Iditarod is still set to go and the Yukon Quest will be limited to a 300-mile Alaska trail version.
Latest National and World News
- Lawmakers a step closer to averting Dec. 11 government shutdown
- Opening of 117th Congress will be different due to pandemic
- COVID-19 pandemic is not halting everyone's Thanksgiving travel plans
- Pennsylvania just certified its presidential election results, officially declaring Joe Biden the winner
- Biden-Harris ticket surpasses 80 million votes
- GAO: Military aircraft missing readiness target
- Mnuchin to put $455 billion in funds out of Yellen's easy reach
- Ken Jennings to step in as 'interim guest host' when 'Jeopardy!' resumes production
- Astra-Oxford vaccine found effective in preventing COVID-19
- Michigan board certifies Nov. 3 election, cementing Biden victory