“We have to do something to make it safer for vehicles and for pedestrians,” Planning Commissioner Toni Abbey said. “The only thing that is going to do that is a little bit of slowing down traffic.”
“I sort of felt like the signing of the compact was extortion,” Kawasaki said Tuesday. “I think they had to do what they had to do when presented with the compact from the governor. But the Legislature is equally concerned with the university, the campuses across the state, the students and the staff and faculty that work there and the Legislature has the power of appropriation and will ultimately have their own decision making process when it comes to the budget.”
“I think it is important for community leaders to not only take into consideration the community that they directly represent but also understand the significance of working together with other local leaders to address issues that are bigger than a single community,” Ward said.
"... we had about a 10% increase in voter participation for an 'off' year election,” she said. “The question is, did we see an increase in participation because of the mail ballot or were people more engaged because of the tax propositions? Time will tell.”
Murphy has spent four seasons with Houston and just finished his first season as the organization’s minor-league pitching coordinator.
Latest News from The Associated Press
- Judge bans border activist from mentioning Trump in trial
- Record cold follows early snowstorm over much of eastern US
- Former President Carter out of surgery, no complications
- No. 1 milk company declares bankruptcy amid drop in demand
- Leader of food security nonprofits to head World Food Prize
- Israel kills Islamic Jihad leader, setting off fierce clash
- Man: Slashing 'Baby Trump' was matter of good versus evil
- Disney Plus suffers some technical difficulties at launch
- Winter already? Snow, deep freeze from Rockies to East Coast
- Officer accused of killing Oklahoma police chief in Florida