This is a superior mirage that occurred in December of 2018 in Fairbanks, Alaska. It was recorded from the International Arctic Research Center on the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus.
What is a "superior mirage?"
Music: Rain Delay from Gravity Sound
Alaska, northwest of Canada, is the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state. It's known for its diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. It’s a destination for outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking and kayaking. Mass…
Today's News Rich TEST
“They’re very invested in helping us grow,” Sundborg said of NorthStar Energy during a telephone interview Friday. “They know that we love Fairbanks and they don’t want to take away any part of that.”
- Drug bust nets almost 90 grams of meth, 11.5 grams of heroin
- How a hipster hot spot turned brunch into a scene in downtown Fairbanks
- Military bomb found at Fairbanks home
- 7th soldier death reported at Fort Wainwright in 2019
- Third person arrested in August hotel room robbery
- Fort Wainwright man arrested after 100 mph chase
- ‘Unusual’ state hearing on university structure excludes UAF, Juneau
- Hundreds in Fairbanks strike to demand action against climate change
- Three people rescued when boat capsizes in Tanana River
- Death of Eielson airman under investigation