The Avalanche Airbag, or Avy Pouch was an Alaska Community Challenge project submitted by a private company for students to work on as part of their University of Alaska Fairbanks Engineering Capstone Project.
Alaska, northwest of Canada, is the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state. It's known for its diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. It’s a destination for outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking and kayaking. Mass…
Today's News Rich TEST
Open Finance is about as real-time as government gets. The program is attached to the city’s financial system and updates automatically at the beginning of each week.
Now, with the operating budget ready for the governor’s signature, Alaska residents are urging the governor to approve the funding as quickly as possible.
The utility is also waiting to hear whether AIDEA will give IGU permission to issue state-backed revenue bonds between $50 million and $75 million, which would be partially used to repay the loans.
Many assembly members said they would like to offer the exemption to more people, possibly even all borough residents, but acknowledged the difficulty posed by such an undertaking.
- UPDATED: Hundreds evacuated after Fairbanks hotel fire
- Troopers release additional information about woman missing in Fairbanks
- Fairbanks man arrested after pursuit that reached 115 mph
- UAF Vice Chancellor Champagne appointed new Athletics Director
- No parking! Fairbanks airport police announce crackdown
- Alaska Senate passes budget, creates PFD working group
- Man charged in 1993 UAF murder will be extradited
- Woman pleads guilty to second-degree murder in shooting death of husband
- Fairbanks man pleads guilty to attempted murder, sentenced
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.