A short drive through the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus.
Alaska, northwest of Canada, is the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state. It's known for its diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. It’s a destination for outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking and kayaking. Mass…
Today's News Rich TEST
“The right to propose and enact laws through initiative is a constitutional right of all Alaskans that should not be compromised by Lt. Gov. Meyer or any other state official in the conduct of their official duties.”
The building, which is located inside Pioneer Park, has been a community focal point for years, hosting many gallery exhibitions, stage plays, and holiday bazaars. The closure was announced Friday after an examination of the columns that help support the roof and outer walls of the center revealed five columns are rotting on the inside.
The vehicle’s owner said she and Justin Michael Vantell, 25, met on Facebook and were having sex in the vehicle for the first time just before troopers arrived, according to a criminal complaint filed in Fairbanks court Monday afternoon.
- Troopers investigate death of Fairbanks man
- West Valley ski coach suspended amid domestic violence allegation
- Coghill's General Store, a Nenana mainstay, gets a new owner
- Pioneer Park civic center deemed unsafe, will close for several months
- Storm brings treacherous conditions to Interior Alaska
- Public Safety Report: Nov. 13, 2019
- State alcohol board rejects redefinition of ‘entertainment’; Fairbanks brewers, distillers celebrate
- Planning Commission approves Chena-Steese roundabouts
- Alaska DOT's handling of Mitchell Expressway closure leads to awards
- With Nrrth, a new band makes a return to Fairbanks