A short drive through the University of Alaska Fairbanks campus.
Alaska, northwest of Canada, is the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state. It's known for its diverse terrain of open spaces, mountains and forests, with abundant wildlife and many small towns. It’s a destination for outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking and kayaking. Mass…
Today's News Rich TEST
After feedback from the business community, the council elected to keep the sales tax rate increase to 5.5% and amend the maximum tax on any single transaction to $11 instead.
Some testifiers told the school board the class is overdue and that public education should reflect the diverse American experience. Others said teaching LGBTQ+ literature would promote an unhealthy lifestyle with higher rates of suicide, drug abuse and sexually-transmitted diseases and that the curriculum is being directed by political activists.
One day after ordering a stay on the effort to recall Gov. Mike Dunleavy from office, Superior Court Judge Eric Aarseth reversed his ruling, claiming the order was an administrative mistake.
- Alaska volcano erupts, sending ash miles into atmosphere
- Fire destroys Fairbanks Golf Course restaurant
- More deep cold coming to Interior Alaska
- Slain woman's boyfriend told Fairbanks police 'I know I did it'
- Fire erupts at abandoned Fairbanks house
- Current bus vendor for FNSB schools likely told to hit the road
- Prospector Jim Madonna's legacy lives on in Fairbanks
- Proposed LGBTQ class incites anger, support
- Fairbanks, there’s a train wreck a comin’
- Appeals court reverses rule barring Fairbanks Four from suing city of Fairbanks
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.