FAIRBANKS — • Not sure where to vote? The Alaska Division of Elections has a polling place locater on its website (www.elections.alaska.gov) You can also call the division’s telephone polling place locater toll free at (888) 383-8683. You will need to provide either your voter identification number or your Social Security number when calling.
• Polls will be open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, Election Day.
• People who can’t wait until Tuesday can vote today by using the state’s early voting option. Early voting is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. today at two Fairbanks locations: the Region III office of the Division of Elections, 675 7th Ave., Station A2 (where it has been available since Oct. 22) and at the Wood Center at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
• Wondering when you can find out results of Alaska races? The Division of Elections will begin posting results on its website about 9 p.m. Tuesday. You will also be able to find results at newsminer.com throughout the night.
• If you want to go somewhere to see the results come in, the Division of Elections will be displaying the vote tallies in the Gold Room of the Westmark Fairbanks Hotel and Conference Center. Similar events will be held in Anchorage and Juneau.
• The home page of the Division of Elections website (www.elections.alaska.gov) has links to sample ballots, the official election booklet, and other important information.
• The Region III headquarters of the Division of Elections is located in the state office building in Fairbanks at 675 Seventh Avenue, Suite H3. The telephone number is 451-2835. The toll-free number outside of Fairbanks is (866) 959-8683. Region III serves an area covered by House Districts 1-6, 38 and 39 — Fairbanks, the Interior, Western Alaska, the eastern Mat-Su region, and Valdez.
• Information about candidates appearing on Interior Alaska ballots is available at newsminer.com/election.