A fire crew lines out sprinklers at a resident's home in the Perfect Perch subdivision, whose residents were ordered evacuated early Sunday morning, June 30, 2019, as the Shovel Creek Fire closed in. The fire is located just outside of Fairbanks.
As featured on
The Shovel Creek Fire expanded on several fronts Saturday, spreading eastward into Blueberry Creek and south toward Murphy Creek. It grew to 5,568 acres and 550 personnel are fighting the fire.
- Troopers investigate death of Fairbanks man
- West Valley ski coach suspended amid domestic violence allegation
- Emotions run high at Fairbanks Police Department town hall
- Fairbanks man charged with assault following pursuit, vehicle crash
- Pioneer Park civic center deemed unsafe, will close for several months
- Storm brings treacherous conditions to Interior Alaska
- Fairbanks man sentenced to 7 years in prison for child abuse
- State alcohol board rejects redefinition of ‘entertainment’; Fairbanks brewers, distillers celebrate
- Alaska DOT's handling of Mitchell Expressway closure leads to awards
- With Nrrth, a new band makes a return to Fairbanks