The scene at the home of Craig Lant, a resident of Perfect Perch subdivision in the hills outside of Fairbanks, as fire crews work to protect his home from the Shovel Creek Fire on Sunday, June 30, 2019.
As featured on
The Shovel Creek Fire expanded on several fronts Saturday, spreading eastward into Blueberry Creek and south toward Murphy Creek. It grew to 5,568 acres and 550 personnel are fighting the fire.
- Return of 'Pirate' to Fairbanks angers community
- Man convicted in 1987 kidnapping, murder of Fairbanks girl dies
- Temperatures expected to plummet in Interior Alaska
- Man faces 32 charges for alleged false insurance claims
- Fairbanks man charged with murder in Peger Road killing
- Rachel Blackwell, commanding the stages of Fairbanks
- November was T-shirt weather in Fairbanks
- Authorities: 2 kids dead, 1 missing after truck swept away
- Santa Claus House: Everything is merry year round at this growing North Pole icon
- The governor is making the right decisions for Alaska