To the editor: Thanks to all the folks who take the time to share their photos of the plants and animals around them with the rest of us. From fox kits to dragonflies, at a time when life seems a bit fragile, these photos remind us that life is still the main attraction in this sometimes tenuous sideshow. Thanks, too, to the News-Miner for giving them space on the front page. All this just to raise a smile on the faces of early morning readers. Thanks again.
The Daily News-Miner encourages residents to make themselves heard through the Opinion pages. Readers' letters and columns also appear online at newsminer.com. Contact the editor with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 459-7574.
Send Community Perspective submissions by mail (P.O. Box 70710, Fairbanks AK 99707) or via email (email@example.com). Submissions must be 500 to 750 words. Columns are welcome on a wide range of issues and should be well-written and well-researched with attribution of sources. Include a full name, email address, daytime telephone number and headshot photograph suitable for publication (email jpg or tiff files at 150 dpi.) You may also schedule a photo to be taken at the News-Miner office. The News-Miner reserves the right to edit submissions or to reject those of poor quality or taste without consulting the writer.
Letters to the editor
Send letters to the editor by mail (P.O. Box 70710, Fairbanks AK 99707), by fax (907-452-7917) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Writers are limited to one letter every two weeks (14 days.) All letters must contain no more than 350 words and include a full name (no abbreviation), daytime and evening phone numbers and physical address. (If no phone, then provide a mailing address or email address.) The Daily News-Miner reserves the right to edit or reject letters without consulting the writer.
- Travelers from outside Alaska will be charged $250 for an airport COVID-19 test, new policy outlines
- Eielson squadron commander dies after being struck by vehicle
- Anchorage virus death reported Saturday; 310 cases in the past two days
- Fred Meyer issues recall of onions
- Black bear walks into mobile home, smacks man around, exits through window in Juneau
- State links new death to COVID-19, reports 80 new cases
- Denali area sees torrential downpour
- State reports 66 new COVID cases among residents, nonresidents
- Residents of Anchorage Pioneers' Home among latest COVID-19 cases
- State reports 59 new cases of COVID-19, launches new website structure