Lohnes is a knowledge manager for the 139th Airlift Wing’s Communications Flight. While this is where she has worked for the past 15 years, her background is quite diverse.
In The News
When planning for the distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine, Army Gen. Gustave F. Perna said he kept four tenets in mind. The first of those, he said, is visibility and control.
Over the years, Biswas and her colleagues have sought to understand how abnormal levels of RNAs can lead to inflammation in pulmonary disorders, such as cystic fibrosis in which the inflammatory response damages the lung and its airways.
The howl-idays are the most wonderful time of the year, and the Army and Air Force Exchange Service and the J.M. Smucker Co. invite military s…
- Looking Back: Nov. 26, 2020
- Looking Back: Nov. 27, 2020
- Greely volunteers receive virtual recognition
- Fighting warrior woman: powwows, beads and information
- Nutrition Corner: Nutrition 101
- Cadet companies battle elements for 12 open spots for Spring Sandhurst
- History Snapshot: Thanksgiving 1947
- In Warp Speed effort, knowing where vaccines are is key to distribution strategy
- Anti-inflammatory molecules that treat cystic fibrosis may fight COVID-19
- Disenchantment and lepers
North Pole Sports
UAA Athletic Director Greg Myford said that if games are played, and that decision has not yet been determined, COVID numbers must drastically improve for any chance for spectator attendance.
The Nanooks will play two non-conference series against their arch-rivals the UAA Seawolves. Both teams will play in Fairbanks on Dec. 4-5. Both teams play in Anchorage the following weekend, Dec. 11-12.