Corn pudding is a classically Southern dish perfect for holiday gatherings. Think of it as a rich custard loaded with onions and thyme, which adds that savory kick.
In The News
Borough Mayor Bryce Ward’s measure would forbid smoking at “any Fairbanks North Star Borough park or area of a park posted ‘smoking prohibited by law — fine $50.’”
Up to 12 inches of snow is expected in the area south of Dot Lake and Delta Junction, with 2 to 6 inches of snow expected over most areas south of the Yukon River by Friday morning, according to the Weather Service.
We LOVE living in our small community of North Pole Alaska! Do you live in a small community, or one that feels like family? Let us know!
- APOC must enforce Alaska campaign finance law
- New dishes in time for your holiday table
- Ward seeks to stamp out smoking in local parks
- ‘Far Side’ and the science of ‘thagomizers’
- ‘Is’ on the roads is evidence of the weather
- Readying the ice rinks
- North Light church hosting preview service
- MAC, Aurora teams swept at state volleyball
- Nanooks volleyball sweeps at Simon Fraser
- Grab your shovel: Heavy snow expected across Tanana Valley
North Pole Sports
“That team is one of the best defensive teams in the GNAC,” Scott said about the Cavaliers, who lead the conference with an 18.17 digs-per-set average this season. “For us to get 72 digs to their 58 digs, that’s pretty impressive."
“I told you at the beginning of the season that we had a good shot of being in the state tournament. With this group of girls, it’s been amazing,” said North Pole head coach Rick Swankie.
“What was happening with our blocking was they were touching the ball and getting little tips and dribbles that we were not able to clean up after that,” Swankie said. “They also had a couple of girls who had a couple of good serve runs.”
Jace Henry sometimes took matters into his own hands — or feet — for the Lathrop Malemutes football team on a rainy Friday night at James Watson Patriot Pride Field at North Pole High School.