default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

North Pole fire displaces families; dog dies

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, November 26, 2012 11:57 pm | Updated: 12:06 pm, Mon Jan 21, 2013.

FAIRBANKS — A fire broke out in a North Pole apartment Sunday night, killing a dog and displacing three families.

The fire was reported just before midnight Sunday at 367 Park Way in North Pole, said North Pole Fire Chief Buddy Lane.

Lane identified the apartments, based on the building’s electric box, as upper, lower and end apartments. The fire began and the dog perished in an end apartment, he said. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the end apartment, but all three units were damaged by the smoke, Lane said.

The fire probably was caused by a cigarette left on a couch, he said.

None of the human occupants of the triplex was hurt, but all were displaced, Lane said. The Red Cross provided motel rooms for the displaced families.

Contact staff writer Sam Friedman at 459-7545. Follow him on Twitter, @FDNMcrime.

More about

More about

Advertisement

Parnell 2014: "Friend of the Interior"

Building Alaska together by creating new jobs and opportunities for Alaskans.

www.walkerforalaska.com

Gubernatorial candidate, Bill Walker, is concerned that the state is in a $7 ...

www.walkerforalaska.com

Bill Walker, candidate for governor, was born in Fairbanks before statehood. ...

www.walkerforalaska.com

Fairbanks born candidate for governor, Bill Walker asks, "Is Fairbanks better...

Let's Go To Work Bill Walker
Parnell 2014: "Education"

"Better educated, better prepared students staying in Alaska. That's what Sea...