The Public Safety Report is compiled from criminal complaints filed in state and federal courts, as well as some police blotter information, trooper dispatches, fire department reports and interviews with public safety officials. Individuals named as arrested and/or charged with crimes in this report are presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.
• Andrew James Brooke, 22, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after Alaska State Troopers stopped him early Saturday morning.
Troopers said Brooke failed to stop for a red light at Chena Ridge and Old Chena Ridge Spur at 1:15 a.m., according to court records. After displaying signs of intoxication, Brooke registered a breath-alcohol content of 0.234, nearly three times the legal limit of 0.08.
• Saachia Smith, 21, was charged with DUI following a traffic stop at Airport Way near Bartlett Avenue.
Smith was seen by Fairbanks Police driving without headlights at 3:48 a.m. on Sunday, according to court records, and showed signs of intoxication after being stopped. She registered a breath-alcohol content of 0.08 on a chemical test.
Smith also was charged with driving with a revoked or suspended license and on a probation violation for a forgery conviction in Georgia.
• Carlyn Canaar Green, 32, was charged with DUI after being contacted by North Pole Police for driving without headlights.
Police stopped Green at 8:10 p.m. Sunday at Old Richardson Highway and Patriot Drive and she showed signs of intoxication, according to court records. Green registered a breath-alcohol content of 0.123.
• Patrick Thomas Casey, 17, was charged with DUI after an Alaska State Trooper contacted him with his vehicle in a ditch at Farmers Loop and Madcap Lane at 5:36 a.m. Saturday.
Casey showed signs of intoxication and registered a breath-alcohol content of 0.076 according to court records.
• Kevin J.S. Delaune, 18, was charged with DUI after he was stopped by University Police while driving erratically on Saturday, court records state.
Delaune was stopped after driving slowly and stopping for no reason at Geist and Chena Pump Road. He registered a breath-alcohol content of 0.152 on a chemical test.
• Bradley Jay Freel, 20, was charged with DUI and sixth-degree misconduct involving a controlled substance after a North Pole Police officer contacted him with his vehicle in the ditch.
Freel was found stuck at the end of a driveway at the Old Richardson Highway and Bradley Sky Ranch and showed symptoms of impairment, according to court records. He registered a 0.191 breath-alcohol content and also was found with a pipe that contained a substance that tested positive for marijuana.
• Wayne A. Daniel, 42, was charged with felony DUI after a trooper stopped him after he ran a stop sign early Saturday morning, court records say.
Daniel was stopped at Dennis Road and Bradway Road at 1:24 a.m., and was reportedly agitated and unable to follow instructions. A breath-alcohol test was negative for alcohol, but a urine sample tested positive for amphetamines and oxycodone. Packaging consistent with drugs was found on the floor of the vehicle, the report said.
Daniel has two previous DUI convictions in the past 10 years, according to court records.