The Public Safety Report is compiled from criminal complaints filed in state and federal courts, as well as some police blotter information, trooper dispatches, fire department reports and interviews with public safety officials. Individuals named as arrested and/or charged with crimes in this report are presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.


Multiple charges

• Justin Miller, 40, of Fairbanks, was indicted on one count each of third-degree sexual assault and second-degree harassment. According to the indictment, Miller engaged in sexual contact and offensive physical contact with a person who was unaware the acts were being committed.

• KD Valene Forzley, 28, of Huslia, was charged with fourth-degree assault and third-degree criminal mischief Nov. 7 after she called 911 to report her brother threw her phone off of his balcony and she wanted to file harassment charges against him. Forzley’s brother told Alaska State Troopers that she arrived intoxicated and he locked her out of his house. He showed troopers a video of Forzley screaming at him and trying to hit him, according to charging documents. 

• Jason Harvin, 35, of Fairbanks, was charged with fourth-degree assault and violating conditions of release Nov. 8 after Fairbanks police received an out of state call from a woman reporting her daughter in Fairbanks was being assaulted by her boyfriend. The woman said her daughter contacted her via Facetime and she heard Harvin in the background saying “I should get my gun and shoot you,” according to charging documents. Harvin’s girlfriend told police he sent her multiple Facebook messages before arriving at her apartment, pounding on the door and threatening to beat her. A records check showed Harvin was on conditions of release for a robbery, misdemeanor assault and domestic violence case and was not allowed to contact his girlfriend.

• Melissa Ruth Hannah Ingersoll, 39, of Anchorage was charged with disorderly conduct and fourth-degree assault Nov. 7 after Fairbanks Airport police responded to a report of a woman yelling and screaming at the restaurant inside the terminal. Ingersoll was yelling at someone on the phone and couldn’t find her boarding pass when asked to provide it. Ingersoll refused to calm down, told police not to talk to her and began waving her hands in an aggressive manner, according to the charges. She was escorted to a chair and began repeatedly yelling “What did I do?” at the top of her lungs. She continued to yell after police told her she was being arrested, and kicked and spit at one of the officers. Ingersoll yelled racial epithets, accused the police of arresting her for no reason and kicked another passengers luggage as she was being escorted out of the terminal. She was remanded to Fairbanks Correctional Center and registered a breath-alcohol content of 0.372, according to the charges.