The Public Safety Report is compiled from criminal complaints filed in state and federal courts, as well as some police blotter information, trooper dispatches, fire department reports and interviews with public safety officials. Individuals named as arrested and/or charged with crimes in this report are presumed innocent until proved guilty in a court of law.
• Alan A. Cleveland, 32, of Fairbanks, was charged with two counts of fourth-degree assault Dec. 25 for allegedly pushing his mother and throwing her husband to the floor during a domestic dispute.
• Trisha Sandra Jimmie, 23, of Anchorage, was charged with fourth-degree assault Dec. 28 for allegedly punching another woman in the face at a Gilmore Street apartment.
• Adam Mahamud Ahmed, 27, of Fairbanks, was charged with fourth-degree assault Dec. 27 for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend in the parking lot of the Airport Way Fred Meyer store.
• Jasmine Nicole Wright, 25, of Fairbanks, was charged with fourth-degree assault on a police officer Dec. 27. According to charging documents, Wright fought and kicked a police officer responding to a report that Wright was “freaking out, cussing and ranting” at the Fairbanks Rescue Mission.
• Emily Ann Abt, 34, of North Pole, was charged with fourth-degree assault Dec. 27. According to charging documents, Abt’s husband told Alaska State Troopers that he and his superior officer went to to his home to take pictures of the interior because he was concerned Abt would damage it. Abt became angry and allegedly slapped her husband’s phone out of his hand.
Jacob Allan Dufford, 28, of Fairbanks, was charged with driving under the influence and refusing to take a breath-alcohol test Dec. 25. According to charging documents, Alaska State Troopers responded to reports of an unsafe driver and found Dufford in a ditch on Badger Road. Dufford refused to take field sobriety tests or submit to a breath-alcohol test.
• Donald Laverne Wares, 57, of Sutton, was charged with felony second-degree theft and fourth-degree drugs misconduct Dec. 24 for allegedly stealing a trash can and two fuel spill cleanup kits from the Geist Road Holiday gas station.
• Sasha Daniele Starkey, 35, of Fairbanks, was charged with one count of fraudulent use of an access device and two counts of second-degree theft Dec. 26 for allegedly charging $1,800 of merchandise using stolen credit card information. According to charging documents, the charges were made Oct. 15 after the owner of the card used it at the Johansen Expressway McDonald’s.
• Jeremiah Scott, 21, no address given, was charged with one count of fourth-degree assault and three counts of second-degree unlawful conduct Dec. 27. According to charging documents, Scott entered his ex-girlfriend’s house through a dog door and refused to leave.