default avatar
Welcome to the site! Login or Signup below.
|
||
Logout|My Dashboard

Dryer fire at Fairbanks Correctional fills basement with smoke

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:45 pm | Updated: 9:43 am, Mon Jan 7, 2013.

FAIRBANKS — A fire in a commercial clothes dryer filled the basement of the Fairbanks Correctional Center with smoke Sunday night, according to the Fairbanks Fire Department.

The fire began at about 6:15 p.m.

No inmates were endangered by the fire, the news release said. One correctional officer sustained smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene and released.

“The fire appears to have been the result of spontaneous heating of some kitchen towels/cleaning cloths left in the dryer,” the news release said.

“The fire was contained to the dryer and controlled by FCC correctional officers using fire extinguishers until the Fire Department arrived and finished extinguishment,” the release said

Crews from the Fairbanks and University fire departments used large fans to clear smoke from the building. Fort Wainwright fire crews also responded.

Advertisement

Wes Madden 2014 Ad #2 Fairbanks

Description

www.walkerforalaska.com

Bill Walker, candidate for governor, was born in Fairbanks before statehood. ...

Find Yourself

You're ready for something new. New challenges, new places, new adventures. E...

Stanley Nissan Service

Stanley Nissan service

www.walkerforalaska.com

Gubernatorial candidate, Bill Walker, is concerned that the state is in a $7 ...