As featured on
“Fortunately there’s very little fire activity down in the Lower 48, so we’ve been able to reach out to the Lower 48 to get these resources," said Tim Mowry, spokesman with the Alaska Division of Forestry.
The Shovel Creek Fire poses a possible threat to homes in the Lincoln Subdivision, which includes Abraham, Emancipation, Yankee, Reconstruction, Seward, Sherman, Appomattox and Rebel roads. The subdivision lies in an area of black spruce and includes about 64 structures.
The evacuation order affects the Martin and Perfect Perch subdivisions and these roads: Rocky Mountain Road, Catskill Court, Cumberland Court, Wind River Road, Yosemite Court, Ozark Court, Matterhorn Drive, Murphy Dome Road near Old Murphy Dome Road, and Desperation Loop.
- West Valley ski coach suspended amid domestic violence allegation
- Emotions run high at Fairbanks Police Department town hall
- North Pole's Christmas in Ice canceled
- Fairbanks man charged with assault following pursuit, vehicle crash
- Pioneer Park civic center deemed unsafe, will close for several months
- Woman on trial for weapons misconduct steals own gun from evidence box at courthouse
- Fairbanks man sentenced to 7 years in prison for child abuse
- Alaska DOT's handling of Mitchell Expressway closure leads to awards
- Kinross Fort Knox pours 8-millionth ounce
- Mushers Hall owners seek tax relief