JUNEAU, Alaska - A state health official says one person in Southeast has been hospitalized for a suspected case of paralytic shellfish poisoning.
Health department spokesman Greg Wilkinson tells KINY (http://bit.ly/24LLCy) a Metlakatla family harvested cockles and butter clams, and ate them Tuesday.
One family member was hospitalized after experiencing tingling that went to the fingers and feet. Two others had symptoms including tingling in the mouth, but the feeling went away.
Metlakatla is on the west side of Annette Island, about 15 miles south of Ketchikan.