Sec. 17.38.020. Personal use of marijuana.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the following acts, by persons 21 years of age or older, are lawful and are not criminal or civil offenses under Alaska law or the law of any political subdivision of Alaska or bases for seizure or forfeiture of assets under Alaska law:
(1) possessing, using, displaying, purchasing, or transporting marijuana accessories or one ounce or less of marijuana;
(2) possessing, growing, processing, or transporting not more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants, and possession of the marijuana produced by the plants on the premises where the plants were grown, except that not more than 12 marijuana plants, with six or fewer being mature, flowering plants,may be present in a single dwelling regardless of the number of persons 21 years of age or older residing in the dwelling;
(3) transferring one ounce or less of marijuana and up to six immature marijuana plants to a person who is 21 years of age or older without remuneration;
(4) consumption of marijuana, except that nothing in this chapter permits the consumption of marijuana in public; and
(5) assisting, aiding, or supporting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in (1) - (4) of this section
Sec. 17.38.030. Restrictions on personal cultivation, penalty.
(a) The personal cultivation of marijuana described in AS 17.38.020(2) is subject to the following terms:
(1) marijuana plants shall be cultivated in a location where the plants are not subject to public view without the use of binoculars, aircraft, or other optical aids;
(2) a person who cultivates marijuana must take reasonable precautions to ensure the plants are secure from unauthorized access;
(3) marijuana cultivation may only occur on property lawfully in possession of the cultivator or with the consent of the person in lawful possession of the property.
(b) A person who violates this section while otherwise acting in compliance with AS 17.38.020(2) is guilty of a violation punishable by a fine of up to $750.