As featured on
The favored ears on Friday were those that could withstand the stress of the ear-pull, during which two athletes sit on the floor facing each other with a sinew loop about 3 feet in length — traditionally made of animal intestines — hooked around each other’s ears. When the officials say, “Pull,” the athletes pull their heads straight back, without twisting or jerking their heads. Whomever’s sinew loop slips off first, loses.
- Here it comes: Snow advisory issued for eastern Interior Alaska
- Denali Park Road expected to open today
- Dunleavy keeps majority of budget vetoes, agrees to $1,600 PFD
- Alaska wildfire season continues with new fires, hot weather
- Public Safety Report: Aug. 17, 2019
- Rockslides, flooding batter Interior Alaska
- Fairbanks-based Stryker Brigade begins deployment to Iraq
- A Cantwell legend worth retelling
- Judge sets bail in Sophie Sergie case
- Public Safety Report: Aug. 19, 2019
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.