Rick Rahoi was a passionate photographer who captured the city and all its trademarks and then generously shared those photos with the world. Rick passed away recently after an extended illness.
His topic was Alaska, and his specialty was Fairbanks. From capturing ice fog in the winter and frozen images of winter life here to all summer’s glory, Rick shot images of all the life in and around Fairbanks. One of his favorite topics was a local dog park, where he would catalog the pups and their names and breeds before sharing the images. Another was Tanana Lakes, where he would capture nature shots or beach-goers. He was a frequent poster to Fairbanks-related pages on Facebook, where his images brightened the often contentious world of social media.
- 55 new cases of COVID-19 reported; Fairbanks borough sees highest daily case count since pandemic began
- Fort Wainwright confirms "community spread" of COVID-19 on post
- 49 new COVID-19 cases in Alaska
- Fairbanks woman charged in Jeep, knife attack on boyfriend
- 24 new COVID-19 cases among Fairbanks borough residents, another daily high
- Fairbanks man faces multiple charges after Goldstream incident
- 30 new COVID-19 in Alaska; four in Fairbanks North Star Borough
- State reports 17th Alaska death related to COVID-19
- Two men flee into frigid Chena River to elude Fairbanks police
- Wasilla man missing after ATV swept into Copper River
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.