This column comes from United Way of the Tanana Valley. Select “Get Connected” at www.unitedwaytv.com or call Lexi Miller at 452-7211.
• Love In the Name of Christ of the Tanana Valley (Love INC) needs a transportation driver to transport those in need to work, job interviews, medical or other essential appointments. Drivers volunteer one shift (morning or afternoon) per week or serve as a backup driver covering shifts as needed. Please call Judy at 452-6154.
• United Way of the Tanana Valley needs a rectangular conference table and eight conference table chairs. Call 452-7211.
• Friends of Creamers needs a programmable cash register for use in its visitor center. Call 452-5162.
• Fairbanks Counseling and Adoption needs used bikes and/or bike parts for adolescent youth in the Street Outreach Program. We also need sleeping bags, warm clothing — socks, gloves, coats and boots — for the homeless youths. FCA is in need of donations of diapers, sizes 3 through 6. Call Seth or Darla after 2 p.m. at the SOAP Drop-in Center at 378-4392, or Sam at
• Help girls reach their full potential through the Girl Scouts program by becoming a Girl Scouts leader today. Contact the Farthest North Girl Scout Council at 456-4782 or
• Tutor children at the Boys and Girls Club. Contact Ashley Yeats at the Literacy Council of Alaska at 456-6212 or ashley@
• Creamers Field needs volunteers to help in the farmhouse visitors center at the refuge. Greet visitors, sell gift shop items and share general information with refuge visitors. Call Mark at 459-7301.
• Fairbanks Children’s Museum is looking for volunteers to be play facilitators at its Museum Without Walls events. Visit www.fairbankschildrensmuseum.com to fill out the volunteer form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Fairbanks Arts Association needs volunteers to staff the Bear Gallery located in the Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts at Pioneer Park. Meet local artists and welcome visitors to gallery exhibits and events for three hours once a week or however often you choose. Fairbanks Arts Association will provide the training. Contact Susan Chapa at 456-6485, Ext. 223.
• Volunteers are needed at Big Brothers and Big Sisters. BBBS needs Big Brothers and Big Sisters to match with children in our community to be mentors and friends, providing children with one-on-one time with a caring adult. More specifically needed are Big Brothers, with a waiting list of more than 50 boys. Call 452-8110.
• Forget-Me-Not Books needs volunteers to help staff the bookstore and prep books for the store. They need cashiers, section adopters and merchandise preparation technicians. Forget-Me-Not Books also could use whatever unique skills volunteers have to offer to help make the bookstore successful. Call 456-6212.
• Fairbanks Community Food Bank is looking for groups of volunteers for Saturdays to pack and distribute USDA food. We are specifically looking for people from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on the third Saturday of each month, and from 9:30 a.m. to noon on the first or fourth Saturday of each month. We prefer volunteers who are well-supervised by group members if between ages 8 and 16. We are looking only for one-shift commitments during the month. Call Pam at the food bank at 374-0555
• Fairbanks Memorial Hospital needs volunteers for the outpatient information desk to greet patients and visitors, provide general information and give directions from 8 a.m. to noon Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday.
Gift shop volunteers are needed to greet customers and operate the cash register from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Several other departments are looking for people with light clerical, filing and possible phone experience.