• Raven Landing Center is hosting a whiskey tasting Friday celebrating Bourbon Heritage Month.
• Saturday is Sipping Saturday at Fairbanks Distilling Company, 410 Cushman St., with this week’s cocktail being the Arctic Bliss Cosmo made with local 68 Below vodka. 4-8 p.m.
• The 20th Potato Festival, hosted by Festival Fairbanks, is 6-10 p.m. Saturday at Westmark Fairbanks Hotel & Conference Center, 813 Noble St.
• Wine dinners return to Raven Landing Center, 1222 Cowles St., starting Sept. 26.
• The Hoodoo Choo Choo departs for a journey to Nenana and back aboard the Alaska Railroad Sept. 28, featuring Hoodoo beer and food from the CTC Culinary Arts Program. Reservations required.
• The second annual Wingapalooza comes to the Carlson Center, 2010 Second Ave., at 2 p.m. Sept. 29.
• Smokin’ Rack BBQ is barbecuing at the Golden Eagle in Ester from 2-9 p.m. Oct. 5 as a fundraiser before they hit the Jack Daniels World Championship Barbecue Invitational competition.
— Compiled by Gary Black, email@example.com