The Golden Heart Academy wishes to thank the Fairbanks Arts Association for the generous support in funding the Alaska State Council in the Arts Artist-in-Residence program. We recently hosted a residency at the Golden Heart Academy, a FNSBSD school housed inside the Fairbanks Youth Facility that serves incarcerated youths from all over Alaska. Margaret Donat, an accomplished local painter and sketch artist, spent a week teaching basic shading techniques, drawing and painting watercolor landscape, and sketching and shading facial portraits. This residency expanded the opportunities for our students to develop creatively and provided a new opportunity that they would not have had without the help of the Alaska State Council of Arts and the Fairbanks Arts Association. We are grateful for the dollar support and hope the state of Alaska continues to help finance these excellent organizations so that we may be able to learn from other artists in the future. Thank you very much.
- Boyfriend arrested on murder charge in death of Kristen Huntington
- Slain woman's boyfriend told Fairbanks police 'I know I did it'
- Fire erupts at abandoned Fairbanks house
- Current bus vendor for FNSB schools likely told to hit the road
- Mourners, family come together at vigil to honor Kristen Huntington
- Fairbanks, there’s a train wreck a comin’
- New director for Alaska State Troopers
- Court voids former tutor’s 100-year sentence
- At 10 years running, Soup Off is still the hottest meal ticket in Fairbanks
- Judge rules state did not violate Downs’ right to speedy trial
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections.
Jan 23University Presbyterian Church
Jan 24University of Alaska Museum of the North
Jan 24Palace Theatre at Pioneer Park
Jan 25Friends Community Church
Jan 25Journey Christian Church
Jan 25University of Alaska Fairbanks
Jan 25Green Star's Warehouse
Jan 25Alaska Coffee Roasting Company
Jan 25Fairbanks Curling Club
Jan 25Hoarfrost Distilling