FAIRBANKS — The Fairbanks Convention and Visitors Bureau recognized seven local business owners and volunteers at its annual awards banquet last week at Silver Gulch Brewing & Bottling Co.
• The Golden Heart Award was presented to Ed Peebles, for his “exceptional hospitality, commitment and effort on behalf of Fairbanks visitors.”
• The Aurora Award was given to the Great Alaskan Bowl Company, “for their consistently exceptional contributions to the development and increase of the Fairbanks visitor industry.”
• The Jim and Mary Binkley Award was presented to EcoSeg Alaska for “its creativity, innovation, courage and entrepreneurialism in the introduction of a new tour for the benefit and enjoyment of visitors to Fairbanks.”
• The Raven Award was presented to the Open North American Sled Dog Championship “for promoting a special and unique local, statewide, national and international interest and awareness among prospective visitors.”
• The Golden Heart Greeter of the Year was presented to Jeanette Hanneman, who was “recognized for her outstanding hospitality and for her magnanimous contribution of 458 volunteer hours on behalf of Fairbanks and our visitors.”
• The Gold Pan Award will be presented to outgoing board chairwoman Mary Richards, for “her exceptional commitment to the organization at the next Board of Directors meeting at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center.”
Kristin Wells was recognized for her significant contribution to the FCVB as a board member, past board president and as an advocate for the visitor industry.
Contact the newsroom at *459-7572.