ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The father of a murdered Anchorage barista was arrested early Tuesday for investigation of drunken driving and assault, accused of driving away from a strip club while intoxicated and threatening a doorman who tried to stop him, police said.

Anchorage police arrested James Koenig at his home, Lt. Dave Parker said. Koenig is the father of homicide victim Samantha Koenig.

The Anchorage Daily News and KTUU report that Koenig had been at the Great Alaska Bush Company, a popular club, with Terry Reeves, father of an Air Force airman recently found murdered near Anchorage.

Witnesses said Reeves left the club with Koenig, Parker said, adding that Reeves was at Koenig's home at the time of the arrest. Reeves was not accused of any crime, the police spokesman said.

KTUU reported that Koenig offered his assistance to the young airman's parents when they flew to Anchorage to help search for their son, Clinton Reeves of Raytown, Mo.

Koenig denied threatening the club doorman and refused to take a breath test, Parker said.

Koenig declined comment to KTUU after posting bail. He did not immediately return an Associated Press call for comment.

Terry Reeves also declined comment to the station. Parker said Tuesday night he believed Reeves was en route back to Missouri.

Samantha Koenig, 18, was abducted Feb. 1 from the coffee stand where she worked, her body found two months later at the bottom of a frozen lake north of Anchorage.

Israel Keyes has been charged with kidnapping and killing the young woman, and using a debit card to obtain ransom money. Keyes, a 34-year-old self-employed contractor, was arrested in Texas about six weeks after her disappearance.

Clinton Reeves, 22, failed to report for work April 23 at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson near Anchorage. His rental car was found later, with uniforms and groceries inside.

The younger Reeves was found dead last week in a ditch north of Anchorage in what police said was a homicide. Another airman has been arrested on evidence tampering charges in the case, but authorities have not named him as a suspect in the murder.