FAIRBANKS — A fire razed a dry cabin on Grenac Road off Farmers Loop last week according to the University Fire Department.
No one was home at the time of the fire, and firefighters suspect a wood stove was responsible for the blaze.
The fire was reported at about 10:30 p.m. Nov. 23 at 1304 Grenac Road, a 15-by-15 cabin, said assistant fire chief Ron Templeton.
“By the time we got there, all the walls and roof were down, and there wasn’t anything for us to save,” he said.
The Red Cross assisted the occupant of the cabin to find temporary housing, he said.