FAIRBANKS — The Downtown Association of Fairbanks announced the winners of its 2012 Downtown Annual Awards at its annual meeting Oct. 30.
Recipients of the awards include downtown businesses and partners “who have stood out in their performance and support for downtown efforts throughout the past year.”
• The Downtown Star Award was given to Frank’s Menswear for outstanding efforts in reaching new clientele and for taking a lead role in downtown events and activities.
• The Partner of the Year Award was given to Alaska Universal Productions for providing high-quality audio, visual and multimedia support to downtown events.
• The Sponsor of the Year Award was given to BP Exploration Inc. for their support of the BP Midnight Sun Festival and commitment to downtown Fairbanks.
• The Hard Hat Award was given to John Jackovich of the Big I Pub & Lounge for “maintaining a forward thinking mentality” through a busy 2012 construction season.
• The Best Block Award was given to the Co-Op Plaza and its businesses for hosting events and pioneering new business ventures to transform the plaza into an active community space for arts and culture.
Contact the newsroom at 459-7572.