“I am a very cautious personal finance person in my own life, and I will be very honest: This budget terrifies me a little bit, considering the future as we look forward to the loss of oil revenue, tourism revenue and an uncertainty within our state,” said board member Jennifer Luke, who voted no on the budget.
On Monday a NWS forecaster captured a photo of a “smokenado.”
Warm smoke from the fire about nine miles south of Fairbanks combined with the cooler temperatures of the air aloft and created the dust devil
This year, however, events surrounding the normally weeklong celebration will look different and have a different approach when it comes to public participation.
Every year, students learn about the dangers of using tobacco and share what they learn in the annual tobacco prevention poster contest.
“Not having Mount Marathon in 2020 is a great disappointment and a decision the committee took very seriously,” race director Matias Saari said in a Sunday news release.
Latest National and World News
- Physical exam shows Trump has gained more weight and remains clinically obese
- Pope Francis condemns 'tragic' death of George Floyd and violent response, calls for healing
- Anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine does little to prevent COVID-19, trial finds
- George Floyd's death becomes a rallying cry for activists worldwide
- New charges announced against former police officers over George Floyd death
- Tropical Storm Cristobal forms off Mexico; earliest C-named storm to form since 1851
- Report: Deforestation, linked to pandemics, increased in 2019
- Trump's push to 'dominate' protesters moves Barr to forefront
- In Philly speech, Biden accuses Trump of 'accelerating' divisions, vows racial reconciliation
- SAT test woes: Plans for at-home tests suspended, some students may not have access to exams